The Ibn Haldun School of Languages teaches English, Arabic and Turkish. It employs the latest technological and pedagogical methods in its program. To prepare students for their upcoming undergraduate education, the School of Languages applies content-based instruction and teaches a social sciences oriented curriculum.
Having mastered the basic skills in the target language, students will have a chance to go abroad and take some of the introductory courses in the undergraduate program in countries such as the UK, the USA, Malaysia, Jordan, Qatar or the UAE.
Ibn Haldun students will be given the privilege to start their undergraduate education in a country, where the language of instruction is spoken that will boost their lingual confidence and also provide a smooth transition into their studies.
With 35% international students, the Ibn Haldun Campus itself offers a culturally diverse setting in which students will encounter native speakers of English and Arabic and consequently will have the opportunity to interact with them.
The Ibn Haldun School of Languages also offers Chinese, Japanese, Persian, Malay, German, Spanish, and French.
English Education Program
- Students who successfully complete their basic language education in Turkey will take introductory departmental courses in England, the USA, or Malaysia during the summer prior to the first year of the undergraduate program.
- Languages are not ends but only a means to the sources of knowledge; therefore, content-based instruction and communicative approach are followed.
- Classrooms consist of 10 students to maximize the efficiency of the teaching.
- Majority of our teaching staff are either native speakers of the languages they teach or have native-like competence of the target language.
- The Ibn Haldun School of Languages teachers hold MA degrees in the fields of their profession and also have international certificates such as CELTA or DELTA.
- Each student’s progress is monitored individually, and their training program is designed according to a multiple intelligence approach by their language consultants.